Tuesday, September 6, 2016

Corner Shelf Make-over!

Hi everyone!  I just finished a fixer-upper project that I have been procrastinating on for several years.  My corner shelf was plain and served it's purpose; but it was not pretty!  Here is a picture after I cleaned it up and before I got my paints out.

See?  It is a cute shelf, but very blah!

Here is what I did to transform my shelf!

Supplies:

Waverly Inspirations Chalk Acrylic Paint:  Agave #60685E; Ivory #            ; Matte Varnish or Wax
Waverly Inspirations laser stencil 6" x 6":  Damask #60530E
Waverly Inspirations stencil brush:  5/8"
FolkArt Milk Paint Brush by Plaid:  1-1/4"
Painter's Tape
Paper plates
Paper towels
Water container



Instructions:

1.  Sand and wipe clean all wooden surfaces.

2.  Base paint the entire shelf and allow to dry.

3.  Position and tape down the sides of the stencil.

4.  Apply the Ivory paint with a pouncing (up and down) motion to apply pattern to the top shelf.
Repeat with the remaining shelves; lining up the pattern.  Allow to dry.

5.  Seal with Varnish or Wax.




Enjoy your "new" piece of furniture!  If you have comments or questions; please leave them below!

I hope you got some inspiration on the blog today.  If you would like to try out the new Waverly Inspirations Chalk paints; they are available at your local Walmart store.

Make sure to take time to enjoy the small blessings along the way; and

Live Life with a Flourish!

Marilyn






I received free product in exchange for
my creativity on this post.  There was no 
financial gain.







No comments:

Post a Comment