Joy Embroidered Letters: Baby Monogram Letters & Numbers, brown; Iron-On Embroidered 1", black
cardstock: 12" corrugated, black, one; 12" green leafy pattern, one; 8-1/2" x 11" kraft, one
unfinished wood: Heart - 8"
painted wood cut-outs: Elephant, Sun & Cloud
needle nose pliers
decoupage medium (Mod Podge matt)
sponge brush or paint brush
iron and pressing cloth
** Follow the manufacturer's directions to apply the letters to the paper & wood surfaces as shown below.
1. Lay the right side of the wooden heart on the wrong side of the leaf patterned paper. Trace around the heart with the pencil. Cut out the heart.
2. Apply the decoupage medium to the surface of the right side of the wooden heart using the paintbrush or sponge brush. Apply the wrong side of the patterned paper to the heart, matching the edges. Smooth any air bubbles from under the paper.
3. Lay the wrong side of the heart over the corrugated paper. Trace around the heart. Cut out leaving a 3/8" border of the black paper. Glue the wooden heart to the corrugated heart. Allow glues to dry thoroughly.
4. Refer to photo and cut out kraft paper for the words SHH and TIP-TOE. Follow the instructions given and adhere the letters to the paper by using a pressing cloth and iron. Use the inkpad and sponge to chalk the edges of the paper. Adhere the baby letters to the cloud of the painted sun & cloud cut-out.
5. Adhere the elephant and sun & cloud cut-outs to a scrap piece of the black corrugated paper. Cut out around each wood shape leaving about a 1/4" border.
6. Adhere the cut-outs and words to the surface of the wooden heart as shown.
7. Finish: Drill a hole in the top sides of the heart. (Make sure the holes are even.) Cut a 12" piece of wire. Bend a spiral in one end of the wire. Put the opposite end through the hole in the left hand corner of the front of the heart. Bring the opposite end through the opposite side; back to front. Trim off excess wire. Bend a spiral in the end to secure.
Hang on the wall or use on the door of sleeping child. There are many pre-painted cut-outs to be found at your local craft store. You can choose themes and papers to suit your personal preference!
Hope you got some inspiration here today!
Make sure to take the time to enjoy the small blessings along the way and
Live Life with a Flourish!