Sunday, April 1, 2018

Treasure to Trash! What??


I decided the other day that my trash can in the studio just wasn't right for my decor.  I took a trip to a local thrift shop and came home with a couple of treasures.  This pail was one of them!  I pulled out my vinyl and created the perfect trash can for my space!



I had to doll it up with some Spring florals for Easter!


To make the trash pail you'll need:
  • Styletech Craft Vinyl Sheets: Transparent Glitter; Black #499TG, Dark Gray#497TG; Transfer Tape
  • Diecut machine
  • Dies for letters and numbers
  • Pail:  11" tall x 12" wide (at top); 1 pre-painted
  • 3/8" ribbon (holes were in pail where bale wire would go); two 12" pieces
  • Scissors

Directions:
  1. Clean the surface of the pail.  If you find a good one that needs a paint job first; a good acrylic spray paint will work nicely.
  2. Choosing the right size for your letters and numbering:  Make sure to get the right size by cutting your font and numbers from regular paper or cardstock before cutting from the vinyl.
  3. Adjust the pressure on your die cut machine to accommodate vinyl.  If this is your first time using vinyl; I would suggest a good youtube training video on how to use the transfer paper and "weed" the vinyl that won't be used.  Here is a video that I found helpful:  youtube tutorial for working with vinyl



4.  Position and transfer the letters, numbers and design to the surface of the pail. Rub over the letters to adhere and remove any air bubbles.  Make sure the vinyl is well attached before removing the transfer paper.



Now the File 13 is ready to go!  I would suggest adding a liner bag to keep your trash can clean!  


Enjoy!

Sources for Styletechcraft vinyl:  

st- ATSM Craft your contact will be Peggy Suddath. Website is www. ATSM CRAFT she services FL, GA, SC, MS, AL.
Next we have Denver Sign Supply they service the westcoast. Contact number 225-654-3693 website: www.Vinyl&Crafts.com

Lastly we have Mid South Crafting they service the east coast. Their website is www.midsouthcrafting.com 615-462-5918

5 comments:

  1. That can was a great find! I love the "File 13"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think this is awesome, I need to make a new trash container myself! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great improvement! The glitter vinyl looks terrific.

    ReplyDelete