Monday, March 26, 2018

Personalize a Step Stool and more!


Hi friends!  I am learning how to use adhesive vinyl sheets. Personalizing and decorating  multiple surfaces is fun!  

I am using the polished metal vinyl by Styletech Craft.  They have many exciting vinyls and a color for every kind of project!

Today I decided to personalize my studio step stool. This item has had a way of growing legs and walking away.  There won't be any doubts now about who it belongs to and where it should reside!  I could probably have stopped after applying the word "studio", but I wanted to do more!

Read on and I will tell you how I did it!


Materials I used:

Tape Technologies (Styletech Crafts) Vinyl:  Ruby #435HM; Silver #493HM
Step Stool:  Collapsible black step stool with white polka dots on top
Transfer Tape
Pick Tool: For weeding vinyl
Scissors
Die-cut Machine
Dies or download:  Fonts for alphabet letters
Rubbing alcohol
Cotton balls



Instructions:

1.  Gather the supplies.  Check the width and height of the area you are applying vinyl to.  Make sure your cut vinyl will fit in the chosen area.  Wipe the surface clean with rubbing alcohol using the cotton ball.  It doesn't hurt to pre-cut your letters on regular paper to make sure you are getting the correct size before cutting your vinyl.


2.  Cut a piece of transfer tape to fit over the top (right side) of the vinyl.  Smooth the transfer tape over the vinyl.  Use the Pick Tool to weed the release paper and vinyl away from the main design. There are many videos online if you have not done this step before.  After you weed the unwanted vinyl, you will place the sticky side down on the prepared surface and smooth it in place.  Remove any air bubbles and carefully remove the transfer paper. Your beautiful design should be revealed.


 I hope you got some inspiration here today.  This is what I would consider a beginners project.  This craft can be addictive so be warned!

BONUS!

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, here is another idea!  A bottle decorated with vinyl!



Make sure to take time to enjoy the small blessings along the way and;

Live Life with a Flourish!

Marilyn






I have rec'd complimentary product in exchange
for sharing my creativity on this blog.







4 comments:

  1. Oh I have a stool like that - I can add vinyl!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I look all over the place for things I can add vinyl to! Lol. In hindsite, I think I should have used a different font on my name.....but live and learn!

      Delete
  2. I love this idea!! I don't have a stool, but I could certainly use this idea with my Ikea Raskog cart.. Thanks for the inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Emma! Glad to know there was some inspiration involved here! You just never know! :-)

      Delete