Thursday, November 30, 2017

"Believe" Shadow Box - Christmas Decor


The holidays are upon us!  I have had a shadowbox frame in my stash for a long time  I decided to take it out and turn it into some Christmas decor this year.  The project I came up with is very quick and easy and looks magical!  Read on to see just what I did.....
You will need:

Styletechcraft Vinyl:  Polished Metal, Red
Transfer paper
Weeding tool
Shadow box: 8" x 10"; (I painted mine black)
Sisal trees
Memory paper and embellishments
Glitter:  white
Glue
Paper trimmer
Die-cut machine
Directions:

1.  Take the shadow box apart.  Make sure the glass is clean.  Paint the frame if desired.

2.  Cut the memory paper to fit in the back of the shadowbox frame.  Adhere.

3.  Glue the sisal trees to the bottom of the shadow box.  Sprinkle generously with glitter.  Remove most of the excess, but leave some for effect. Adhere the wreath and small embellishments to the memory paper.

4.  Cut out the word Believe on the die-cut machine.  I set the size at 1" which is the height.  Apply the transfer paper and pick out the part of the design you won't be using.  This is called "weeding".
Adhere the sentiment to the inner frame as shown. Remove the transfer paper.
5.  Replace all of the layers of the frame.  Box, inner frame, glass and top frame.  Now it is ready to show off!

Thank you for taking time for the blog today.  I hope you are inspired to go forth and create your own special holiday decor!

Make sure to take the time to enjoy the small blessings along the way and

Live Life with a Flourish!

Marilyn






I receive complimentary product in exchange
for my creativity on this blog.

2 comments:

  1. This turned out really beautiful! Love Penny

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really pretty. I really like shadow boxes - there is so much potential with them.

    ReplyDelete