Monday, July 18, 2016

Down the Rabbit Hole for a Mad Hatter Tea Party!


I love celebrations, don't you?  I am all about jumping on an opportunity to come together with family and friends to share good times!  

We have a wedding in our family next month and the bridal shower is coming up very soon.  We decided to have a Mad Hatter Tea Party theme and I have been having so much fun making decorations and favors!  

Deflecto has a 3-tier dessert display that I love.  It is collapsible and is easy to assemble and store.  I hope you will get some inspiration here for your own celebration.  The cupcakes didn't get made in time for my post; but they will be displayed in black and white stripe cupcake baking cups.



The 3-Tier Dessert Stand comes ready to assemble with instructions.

Follow below to see how I made the fan for the display topper.
Die cut the scallop circles
Attach the finished fan with a deflecto grip clip as shown below.
Adhere glitter tape around the edges of the display shelves.


The stand has small round grooves to insert suckers or cake pops.  I tied some ribbon around the base of each sucker and adhered one to each playing card; the cards with hearts of course! I stood each sucker in the groove before adhering the card so they would be even with the platter of the display.

Ready to add cupcakes or other treats to the display!  I plan on putting nut cups and party favors on the other stands that I have.  NEXT UP!  The beveled edge frame that I used for some of the decor!

You will need a frame, a digital print-out of your choosing, and the following:
glitter trim tape
4 self-adhesive gems
key ornament with jute string hanger
self adhesive faux rhinestone trim
paper trimmer
black cardstock
hat pattern - **link
glue gun
tacky glue
scissors

1.  Cut out hat pattern from black cardstock.  Assemble.
2.  Remove the hardware from the frame and set aside.
3.  Trim the print; center and insert between the panels of the frame.
4.  Reattach the hardware with the large pegs at the bottom of the frame and the shorter ones at the top.
5.  Adhere the gems to the front of the hardware pegs; top and bottom.
6.  Adhere the glitter tape around the edges of the print as shown.
7.  Hang the key ornament off of the top right of the frame.
8.  Adhere the rhinestone trim to the crown of the hat.  Adhere the hat to the corner of the frame as shown.

You can find out where to purchase deflecto storage and craft projects at the following website:


Make sure to take time to enjoy the small blessings along the way and
Live Life with a Flourish!

Cheers!
Marilyn



**Pattern for Mad Hatter Hat




Copy and paste the pattern into a document and re-size it to fill up the page.  Leave 1/4" borders.
         Print out.











28 comments:

  1. This is so cool! I want to go to a Mad Hatter party... or throw one! This would be a great project for me to feature on Fun Family Crafts. If you're interested, please submit it at http://funfamilycrafts.com/submit-a-craft/.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Cindy! I will do that! Happy to share! I took a peek at the website and it looks like a lot of fun. Just have to get through the shower, etc. and I will be able to think. :-)

      Delete
  2. OMG I love the theme you used for this! Really cute :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tammy! I plan to blog the pictures from the bridal shower. I can't wait to put all of the decorations together! Well, you know how it is! Lol.

      Delete
  3. Fantastic project Marilyn! I really love it. You always go all out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laura! I wish I could have you all come to the party!

      Delete
  4. i wanna come to this party!! love!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish you could come too! Maybe we can all get together someday. Wouldn't that be fun? Thank you, by the way...... :-)

      Delete
  5. Love the visual impact! The whole setting is beautiful with stand and frame. It looks like you've been having too much fun with wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Roberta! It has been fun. This is my only child and I have been waiting a long time for this. Enjoying the creative process and will be sure to share pictures!

      Delete
  6. Love the visual impact! The whole setting is beautiful with stand and frame. It looks like you've been having too much fun with wedding planning!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super fun
    party idea!
    Carla from Utah

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love this project!! Great detail in your work.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! I loved your vignette too! Very attractive!

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. Thanks, Nadine! We are all mad here, you know......lol!

      Delete
  10. Amazingly beautiful and fun. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Ann! I love what this team has come up with! Fun stuff!

      Delete
  11. This is stunning! I love the Mad Hatter theme.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Steph! My daughter watched Alice in Wonderland over and over when she was a little kid. This just seemed appropriate!

      Delete
  12. Marilyn - how do I get invited to this amazing party! This is just perfect! Did you see the fun wreath that would just go perfect with this centerpiece??! Thanks for sharing the template for the hat... I know what I'll be making this weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Susan! I wish you could come to the party too! I expect it will be a fun one! I have made several other items for the tea party. I made a Smoothfoam wreath for the front door. I wonder if there is another one I should be looking at?? Hope you make lots of fun hats! Thanks!

      Delete
  13. I just LOVE, LOVE this, I want to have a party!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maria! I am enjoying the DIY involved with this one. It seems like it is always easier to design when there is inspiration. Mine has been the wedding and the shower!

      Delete
  14. UBER fun!! Bookmarking this for future reference... thanks for the great ideas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are welcome! Hope you have as much fun as I did!

      Delete
  15. Very fun with the Mad Hatter theme.

    ReplyDelete