Thursday, November 30, 2017

Snowman Factory with Deflecto Stackable Caddy Organizer


December Greetings Friends!  As I write this blog, I am looking around at my stacks and piles of Christmas decorations as I finish up some projects and look forward to decorating the house.  Deflecto has come up with a Stackable Caddy storage system that is a favorite of everyone!  The caddys are made to Stack'N Go with a Caddy Wheel Base.  You can pile on as many as you desire for convenient storage.

I decided to dedicate one of my caddy's to a festive storage for the snowman ornaments I make for the holidays.  I put the foam balls, paints, paintbrushes and accessories in the storage bins for convenience when I work on this project. 

Read on, and I will tell you about how I decorated the caddy!


You will need:

Deflecto:  Stackable Caddy Organizer #29003CR
Paints:  Metallic Gold Acrylics    (Designer note:  Spray paint works great too)
Sponge:  I used a sea sponge
Paintbrushes
Vinyl with adhesive:  Metallic Gold and Clear Glitter
Die-cut machine
Water Bucket
Paper Plates
Paper Towels
Scissors
Paper Trimmer

Instructions:

1.  Remove all of the clear bins from the caddy.

2.  Pour out some paint on a paper plate.  Wet the sponge and squeeze out all of the moisture.  Use a pouncing motion to apply paint to the sponge and repeat that motion as you apply the paint to the caddy.  After applying a coat of paint to the caddy, apply a second coat where needed.  **  If you want a quicker way to do this......a metallic spray paint made for plastic will work great!
3.  The caddy should look about like this when you are finished painting.
4.  Stars:  Cut 1", 3/4" and 1/2" stars from the vinyl using the die-cut machine.  Start with about 20 of each size.  Peel off the release paper of one star and adhere to one bin.  Repeat; randomly placing the stars until you are happy with the way the bins look.  

5.  Cut 6 vinyl  rectangles at 2" x 2-1/2" using the paper trimmer.  Round off the corners with the scissors.  Remove the release paper from one rectangle, position and adhere to one of the indention's on the top of a bin.  Smooth out all of the air bubbles.  If you get a stubborn air bubble; use a pin to release any trapped air.  Smooth.  Repeat and finish the other indentations.  Below is a photo of how they should look when you are finished.
Below are a couple more photos of how my caddy looks now.  I love it and I am looking forward to finishing my snowman ornaments.  I will be adding some hangers and embellishments to make them look cozy and ready for the tree.


Thank you for stopping by the blog today.  I hope you got some inspiration here today and have a wonderful Christmas season!

Cheers!
Marilyn




No comments:

Post a Comment